Max Joseph’s first film will fly here under the WB banner. The studio announced that it acquired the domestic rights for the Zac Efron-starrer about a DJ trying to make it big with his first hit track. The film is slated for a 2015 release. Emily Ratajkowski (Gone Girl) and Wes Bentley (Interstellar, The Hunger Games) co-star. Joseph directs from a screenplay he wrote with Meaghan Oppenheimer, from a story by Richard Silverman.
Warner Bros. Snags Domestic Rights To ‘We Are Your Friends’
What's Hot on Deadline
Batwoman TV Series In Works At the CW With Groundbreaking Lesbian Superhero Lead From Caroline Dries & Greg Berlanti
Hollywood & Beltway On Summit: Schwarzenegger Calls Donald Trump "Little Wet Noodle, Little Fan Boy" - Update
Latest Film News
- Sony Pictures Hires Ellene V. Miles As SVP Intersectional Marketing
- “Lawnmower Man” Director Brett Leonard Shooting Scripted VR Series “Hollywood Rooftop”
- Cinthya Carmona Joins ‘The Tax Collector’; Cathy Shim Cast In ‘The Sun Is Also A Star’; Jake Allyn In ‘Kill Me Twice…
- Netflix Terminates Contract With The Weinstein Co.
- LA Film Festival Moves Into New Oscar-Season Berth With Diverse Programs, Partnerships
- Kate Winslet, Diane Keaton & Mia Wasikowska To Star In ‘Silent Heart’ Remake ‘Blackbird’, With Roger…