Award-winning documentary film maker, Leslie Zemeckis, wife of director Robert Zemeckis, has just sold her second book at auction via agent Eileen Cope at Mark Creative Management. The book is based on the story of legendary, but-little-known, burlesque queen Lili St. Cyr. Producers are kicking the tires for the dramatic rights about the sex symbol and mistress to Orson Welles, Yul Brynner, and Artie Shaw. Her tragic end included living as a recluse addicted to heroin, losing everything. Zemeckis’ current documentary, Bound by Flesh about circus Siamese twins Daisy and Violet Hilton, just debuted on Netflix.
Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
Writers Guild Awards 2019: 'Eighth Grade' & 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?' Take Top Prizes - Full Winners List
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Film Editing Nominee John Ottman On ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’s Triumphant Journey, Making Queen Timeless, And Bryan…
- WGA & SAG-AFTRA Taking Sharply Different Approaches At Bargaining Table With Agencies And Ad Industry
- ‘Black Lightning’ Star Cress Williams Joins ‘The Violent Heart’ & ‘Reckoning’
- Jennifer Salke On Amazon’s Film Future, Sundance Deals & The Late Night Selfie That Won Her ‘Brittany Runs A Marathon…
- Oscars: Queen Will Bring Thunderbolts & Lightning To Sunday’s Ceremony
- Aaron Sorkin’s ‘The Trial Of The Chicago 7’ Secures Key Deals For Rocket Science At The EFM…