Laura Dern is teaming with Judd Apatow on an untitled female-driven ensemble comedy set in the world of obsessive female football fans. Aptaow will produce for Universal Pictures via his studio-based Apatow Productions alongside Dern and Barry Mendel, and Erik Baiers will oversee for Universal. The idea was conceived by Dern — who is great in the upcoming Reese Witherspoon-starrer Wild — and the script was penned by South Park‘s Pam Brady. No details yet on the plot.
Laura Dern & Judd Apatow Tackle Female Football Fan Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
First Lady Of The United States Drama Produced By Michael Weatherly & Eric Christian Olsen In Works At CBS
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Eases Loot To $63M+ Opening; Awards Season Fare Struggles
Daytime Emmys: Network Soaps Lift Boycott Threat But Others Will Shun Awards Over NATAS’ Response To Snafus
Bill Maher Addresses Stan Lee's Death, Says Adults Pretend Comic Books Are "Sophisticated Literature"
Latest Film News
- Ira Sachs Drama ‘A Family Vacation’ Starring Isabelle Huppert Gets New Title, Release Date
- ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald’ Snatches $74M Overseas, Hits $100M WW Through Friday
- AMPAS Governors Awards Red Carpet Limited Because Of California Wildfires
- Notes On The Season: Oscar Race’s Crazy Weekend; ‘Mary’s’ Two Queen Contenders; Indie Spirits Go…
- William Goldman: Photo Gallery Of A Screenwriting Legend’s Greatest Hits
- Comedian Nikki Glaser Signs With UTA