Billy Boyd, who played the precocious hobbit Pippin in The Lord Of The Rings, has sung a swan song for Peter Jackson’s Middle Earth obsession that ends after six films with The Hobbit: Battle Of The Five Armies. It certainly brings back memories. While I’ve heard sentiments that The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, like Twilight Saga, need not have stretched its final book into two films–it’s all about profit–the trailer for the Hobbit finale indicates that audiences as well as New Line and Warner Bros will benefit from Jackson’s decision to extend his original two film adaptation of Tolkien’s masterwork into a trilogy.
Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Bill Maher Likens Nitpicking Of Oscar Best Picture Field To Undermining Of 2020 Democratic Field: "Let's Not Eat Our Own"
Latest Film News
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Academy Crisis Averted; Spike Lee On 2 Words He Won’t Say; Is This Finally The Year For Oscar …
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink
- Oscars Last Call: Adam McKay’s ‘Vice’ Analyzed By ‘One Percent Doctrine’ Author Ron Suskind
- ‘Descendants 3’ Teaser And First Synopsis Out From Disney Channel