Was NBC’s 1980s regime aware of any inappropriate off-stage behavior by their biggest comedy star Bill Cosby? A 90-year-old former NBC employee, Frank Scotti, says he arranged meetings, cash payments, apartments and more with a string of models and other women on behalf of Cosby during The Cosby Show run on the network between 1984 to 1992. This is the first time NBC has been implicated in the ongoing controversy that has included a number of women coming forward, accusing Cosby of sexual molestation 20-30 years ago.
Scotti, now retired and living in New Jersey, had been a facilities manager for the NBC studio in Brooklyn where The Cosby Show was filmed. He spoke with the New York Daily News, and provided copies of money orders totaling thousands of dollars to at least eight women during 1989 and 1990.
Friday Ratings: CBS Scores With 'Whistleblower,' ABC With 'Marvel Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D'
Scotti said he came forward now because he “felt sorry for the women.” At least 15 women have now alleged that Cosby drugged and raped them years ago. As the controversy has worsened, both NBC and Netflix have pulled new projects with Cosby, and TV Land has stopped running episodes of The Cosby Show.
Scotti said he eventually stopped because he felt uncomfortable with what he called the coverup of Cosby’s assignations with many women. Cosby attorney Martin Singer is quoted denying the allegations:
“What evidence does he have of Mr. Cosby’s involvement?” Singer said. “How would Scotti know if a woman was a model or a secretary? It appears that his story is pure speculation so that he can get his 15 minutes of fame.”
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.