Bill Murray won over Toronto audiences with St. Vincent, in which he plays a curmudgeonly retired vet who takes a 12-year-old (newcomer Jaeden Lieberher) under his wing. Melissa McCarthy, Naomi Watts, Chris O’Dowd, and Terrence Howard also star in the feel-good pic from first-time director Ted Melfi. Harvey Weinstein was high on the film at TIFF, where Deadline’s Pete Hammond called this the best performance of Murray’s career and predicted awards gold. Here’s a sneak peek of Murray singing along to Bob Dylan’s “Shelter From The Storm” in the film’s end credits. The Weinstein Co. strategically opens the film on October 10, expands it a week later and releases it nationwide on October 24.
Bill Murray Channels Bob Dylan In ‘St. Vincent’ Clip: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
Latest Video News
- Ava DuVernay’s ARRAY Acquires Surreal Drama ‘The Burial Of Kojo’, Sets Netflix Premiere Date
- ‘Triple Frontier’ Trailer: Ben Affleck, Oscar Isaac & Co. On A Money Mission In Netflix Heist Film
- Donald Trump Raves About Fox News Channel Stars As He Declares National Emergency To Build Wall
- ‘Diane’ Trailer: Selfless But Tortured Mary Kay Place Seeks Redemption In Martin Scorsese-Produced Drama
- Netflix’s Animated ‘Love Death And Robots’ Gets Premiere Date & One Heavy Trailer
- ‘Doom Patrol’ Trailer: DC Dives Into Misfit Heroes, Mental Health And Gay Affairs