Oscar winner Javier Bardem is in talks to join Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, the fifth installment in Disney’s blockbuster franchise to be helmed by Kon-Tiki‘s Joachim Ronnin and Espen Sandbreg. Oscar-nominated for his lead turns in Before Night Falls (2000) and Biutiful (2010), Bardem nabbed his lone Academy Award win when he took on the role of stone-cold killer Anton Chigurh in 2007’s No Country For Old Men. The Spanish thesp also gave one of his career-best performances playing the Bond villain Silva in 2012’s Skyfall. Pirates 5 is set for a July 7, 2017, debut.
Javier Bardem In ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean 5’ Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘After’ Trailer: Your First Lusty Look At The Adaptation Of Anna Todd’s Best-Selling YA Novel
- British Screen Queens Reign in 'The Favourite'; Palme d'Or Winner 'Shoplifters' Hits Theaters; ‘Roma’ Rollout Begins…
- Disney Pegs Hulu’s Value At $9.3 Billion
- Sony RSVPs Two 2020 Dates For Its Marvel Universe: Is This For ‘Morbius’ & ‘Venom 2’?
- Alexandra Shipp & Nicholas Hamilton Set For Drama ‘Endless’ With DeRon Horton Co-Starring
- With An Eye Toward International Audiences, 'The Grinch' Directors Seek The Essence Of A Seussian World