Move over, Jack Nicholson. China’s richest man, Alibaba founder Jack Ma, has been the toast of Hollywood the past few days as he professed his love for Hollywood movies and possibly Lionsgate. Tonight, spotters watching the Los Angeles Lakers season opener noted Ma’s distinctive mug, sandwiched between WME chiefs Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell in their coveted courtside seats. You’ve got to be important to get that kind of Staples Center real estate, but it wasn’t immediately clear whether the WME duo were trying to sign Ma, who separately has a script being circulated by Bruce Feirstein about his rags to riches life story.
Is Jack Ma A Lakers Fan Too?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Cinemark Posts Record Q4 Revenue, But Earnings Miss Wall Street Estimates
- Oz Veteran Graham Burke To Retire As CEO Of Village Roadshow After More Than 30 Years At Helm
- WGA Invites Agents To Sign Its New Code Of Conduct Banning Packaging and Producing
- Warner Bros Dates ‘Space Jam 2’, Shifts ‘Annabelle’ Sequel & ‘Godzilla Vs. Kong’
- Peter Bart: A Final Farewell To Fox – The Venerable Movie/TV Studio, Not Rupert’s Bilious Trump-Friendly News Network
- MPRM Bolsters Management Team, Promotes Caitlin McGee, Natalie Yallouz, More