Move over, Jack Nicholson. China’s richest man, Alibaba founder Jack Ma, has been the toast of Hollywood the past few days as he professed his love for Hollywood movies and possibly Lionsgate. Tonight, spotters watching the Los Angeles Lakers season opener noted Ma’s distinctive mug, sandwiched between WME chiefs Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell in their coveted courtside seats. You’ve got to be important to get that kind of Staples Center real estate, but it wasn’t immediately clear whether the WME duo were trying to sign Ma, who separately has a script being circulated by Bruce Feirstein about his rags to riches life story.
Is Jack Ma A Lakers Fan Too?
What's Hot on Deadline
PTA, Cuaron, Streisand, Del Toro, Edgar Wright, Inarritu, DiCaprio, Chazelle, Nolan Among Directors Appealing To Warner Bros To Save FilmStruck
Stephen Colbert Mocks Melania Trump's Public Demand Husband Fire National Security Official Over Africa Trip Squabble
'This Is Us' Tops Demo; 'NCIS' Rules Total Viewers As Tuesday Shows Take Midterm Election Preemption Hits
TV Bundle Fraying As Univision Calls Dish Outage "Likely Permanent," But CEO Sees Subscriber Trend Upside
Latest Film News
- European Film Awards: ‘Cold War’, ‘U – July 22’, ‘Border’ & ‘Dogman…
- Saudia Arabia’s Investment Fund Eyes Legendary Investment As Country Charges 11 For Jamal Khashoggi Murder
- William Nicholson’s ‘Hope Gap’, With Annette Bening, Bill Nighy & Josh O’Connor, Inks Key Deals…
- ‘The Favourite’ Scores Five Early British Independent Film Awards
- Isan Elba, Daughter Of Idris Elba, Named Golden Globe Ambassador
- ‘Dumbo’ Trailer: Tim Burton’s Live-Action Take On Disney Classic Takes A Heartfelt Flight