Kinda saw this one coming. Creators of FX’s animated spy farce say that Archer is dropping the acronym for its fictional covert agency International Secret Intelligence Service. With Islamic State jihadists tearing through Syria and Iraq and closing in on the latter’s capital city, it just makes sense to sidestep the ISIS name. (Anyone remember that appetite-suppression product called Ayds whose sales for some reason plunged by the mid-’80s?) The change will be acknowledged during the Season 6 premiere in January, but the ISIS name won’t be removed from episodes of the first five years.
‘Archer’ Dropping ISIS Acronym For Spy Agency
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest TV News
- Jussie Smollett Viewed As “Active Participant” By Cops In Alleged Assault
- President Donald Trump Tweetstorm – The Saturday Edition
- Friday Ratings: Fox’s ‘Proven Innocent’ Starts Soft, But ‘Last Man Standing’ Tops Demos
- Bill Maher Likens Nitpicking Of Oscar Best Picture Field To Undermining Of 2020 Democratic Field: “Let’s Not Eat Our Own”…
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91