Syfy has conjured up a half-dozen more episodes of its magician competition series. Wizard Wars, judged by master illusionists Penn & Teller, premiered in August with 1 million-plus Live+Same Day viewers and has bolstered its time slot for the cable net. The series puts everyday objects in the hands of magicians who try to impress the judges which their trickery. The new episodes — featuring prestidigitators from Chicago, Philadelphia, Las Vegas and elsewhere — likely will premiere in January. Wizard Wars is produced by A. Smith & Co. Arthur Smith, Kent Weed, Frank Sinton, Tim Eagan, Penn Jillette and Teller exec produce.
Penn & Teller’s ‘Wizard Wars’ Gets Six More Episodes On Syfy
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
Oscars' Big Snubs: Bradley Cooper & Ryan Coogler For Director, Mr. Rogers Docu, Emily Blunt Get Cold Shoulder
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Teachers Strike Ends: Tentative Deal Reached After Days Of Final Bargaining Between Union & District
Latest TV News
- Viacom Acquires Pluto TV For $340 Million In Cash
- Jennifer Lopez’s Nuyorican Prods. Taps Alex Brown As Production Executive
- ‘Ray Romano’ Netflix Trailer: Back On Stage And Bended Knee
- Kevin Barnett Remembered: Fellow Comedians, Hollywood Pay Tribute To Stand-Up And ‘Rel’ Co-Creator
- SAG-AFTRA Members To Rally Wednesday As Strike Vs. BBH Ad Agency Enters Fifth Month
- Comedian Kevin Barnett Dies: ‘Rel’ Co-Creator Was 32