It looks like the Toronto Film Festival has unearthed another Oscar-caliber gem. Deadline Awards Columnist Pete Hammond says the Stephen Hawking love story that just had its world premiere is a contender in both Best Picture and the acting categories. He also weighs in on Chris Rock’s Top Five (amid an eight-figure bidding war for the pic), Reese Witherspoon’s The Good Lie and This Is Where I Leave You.
Deadline @ Toronto: Pete Hammond On A Grand ‘Theory’ And More (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest Awardsline News
- With 'American Horror Story' & ‘American Animals’, Evan Peters Unpacks The Madness Of Acting And…
- ‘This Is Us’ Star Susan Kelechi Watson On Becoming A Surprise Fan Favorite & Beth Pearson’s Future On…
- Notes On The Season: Can Kevin Spacey Win An Emmy?; Jessica Biel On The Toll Of ‘The Sinner’; J.K. Simmons Stars…
- ‘Red Machete’ Producers Add To ‘The Walking Dead’ Lore, Examining Inanimate Protagonist
- How Composer Daniel Pemberton Brought The Funk To ‘Ocean’s 8’
- Hiro Murai Throws Out Rulebook With ‘Atlanta’, Delivers Visceral Action With ‘Barry’ & Wows With “This Is America”…