It looks like the Toronto Film Festival has unearthed another Oscar-caliber gem. Deadline Awards Columnist Pete Hammond says the Stephen Hawking love story that just had its world premiere is a contender in both Best Picture and the acting categories. He also weighs in on Chris Rock’s Top Five (amid an eight-figure bidding war for the pic), Reese Witherspoon’s The Good Lie and This Is Where I Leave You.
Deadline @ Toronto: Pete Hammond On A Grand ‘Theory’ And More (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates Of The Caribbean' & 'Titans' Star Brenton Thwaites, Lily Sullivan Lead Oz Pic 'I Met A Girl'
Latest Awardsline News
- Anna Behlmer On Battling Sexism And Nepotism On Way To Her 10 Oscar Sound Mixing Noms
- Awards-Season Noms Lacking Again For Women Behind The Camera
- ‘Stan & Ollie’ Director Jon S. Baird On Joining Martin Scorsese’s Inner Circle, And Doing Justice To Laurel…
- PGA Gives ‘Green Book’ Another Big Win But There Still Is No Real Front Runner – And Who In Their Right Mind Wants To…
- PGA Milestone Award Honoree Toby Emmerich On How Warner Bros. & New Line ‘Hits ‘Em Where They Ain’t’
- Producers Guild Awards: ‘Green Book’ Takes Best Picture; ‘Americans’ & ‘Mrs. Maisel’ Lead TV…