EXCLUSIVE: Writer-director Javier Fuentes-León’s whodunit pays homage to Hollywood film noir and the reality-twisting fictions of Jorge Luis Borges and Julio Cortázar. The Vanished Elephant, which has its premiere Saturday at Toronto, stars Salvador del Solar as a crime novelist whose fiancée has been missing for seven years. He is given a clue to the mystery by a woman (Angie Cepeda) whose ex-husband died the same day the writer’s betrothed vanished. Lucho Cáceres, Tatiana Astengo, Vanessa Saba, Andrés Parra also star in the Peru-Colombia-Spain co-production. Mundial is selling international rights at TIFF. Watch the trailer above.
Hot Toronto Clip: ‘The Vanished Elephant’
What's Hot on Deadline
Endeavor Eyes More Content Acquisitions As CEO Ari Emanuel Opens Up About Conflict Of Interest & Saudi Arabia Investment - Mipcom
Patrick Wilson & Vera Farmiga To Reprise 'Conjuring' Roles As The Warrens In Third 'Annabelle' Movie
'Fear The Walking Dead's Colman Domingo Lifts The Lid On AMC Adaptation Of Stage Play 'Dot' - Mipcom
"Tiny" Trump Attacks "Total Con" Stormy Daniels; POTUS "Disgusting Misogynist," Says Michael Avenatti In Reply Over Suit
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
Latest Film News
- ‘Cats’: Idris Elba Boarding Universal-Working Title Movie As Macavity
- Netflix Would Like Hollywood To Know It’s A Star Factory
- Netflix Awards Contender ‘Roma’ To Play 100 Screens Worldwide & Stream Simultaneously
- Netflix Adds 7 Million Subscribers, Beats Estimates, Sends Stock Soaring 12%
- Javier Gullón Sells Sci-Fi Short Stories To Kroll & Co. And Legendary TV
- ‘Miss Bala’ Trailer: Jane’s Got A Gun