EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions have offered the villain role in the Christopher McQuarrie-directed Mission: Impossible 5 to Sean Harris. They are negotiating, though I’m being told don’t dress for it just yet. The Troika-repped British actor is best known for his work in The Borgias, and for such films as Ridley Scott’s Prometheus, 24 Hour Party People and Red Riding Trilogy. Pic has Tom Cruise reprising as Ethan Hunt, and Jeremy Renner and the rest of the crew coming back. The last installment grossed $695 million, the most in Cruise’s long leading man career. Stay tuned on Harris.
Paramount Courts Sean Harris For ‘Mission: Impossible 5’ Villainy
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Latest Film News
- ‘American Gods’ Star Yetide Badaki Launches Campaign For Reimagining Of ‘Alice In Wonderland’
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- 'Eating Animals' Dishes Up Solid Bow; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Strongly; 'RBG' Hits $10M: Specialty Box Office