EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions have offered the villain role in the Christopher McQuarrie-directed Mission: Impossible 5 to Sean Harris. They are negotiating, though I’m being told don’t dress for it just yet. The Troika-repped British actor is best known for his work in The Borgias, and for such films as Ridley Scott’s Prometheus, 24 Hour Party People and Red Riding Trilogy. Pic has Tom Cruise reprising as Ethan Hunt, and Jeremy Renner and the rest of the crew coming back. The last installment grossed $695 million, the most in Cruise’s long leading man career. Stay tuned on Harris.
Paramount Courts Sean Harris For ‘Mission: Impossible 5’ Villainy
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Moves Back To November 2019, Cuffing Former ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Slot
- Netflix’s Use Of Artwork Personalization Attracts Online Criticism
- Ray Liotta, Ken Jeong, Adrien Brody, Travis Fimmel & More Round Out Cast For Charlie Day's 'El Tonto'
- Choice Of Sharp New Oscar Producing Team Gives The Academy A Chance For Serious & Successful Makeover: Analysis
- Skydance Hires Ex-Global Road Exec Jun Oh To Run Biz & Legal Affairs
- Donna Gigliotti To Produce 91st Oscars; Glenn Weiss Is Co-Producer