Key auspices behind last season’s ABC drama pilot Sea of Fire are reuniting for another small time mystery drama. The network has put in development an hourlong project written by Jenna Bans, who penned Sea of Fire, from two of the companies behind last year’s pilot, Mandeville Prods. and ABC Studios. The untitled drama follows the return of a politician’s young son who was presumed dead after disappearing over a decade earlier, sending shockwaves throughout their tight knit community. But as the mysterious young man is welcomed back into his family suspicions emerge — is he really who he says he is? Bans executive produces with Mandeville’s David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman and Laurie Zaks. The project stems from Bans and Mandeville’s overall deals at ABC Studios. Both are repped by UTA. Bans, who has worked on Shonda Rhimes’ Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice and Scandal and created ABC/ABC Studios’ medical drama Off the Map, is also with Morris Yorn Barnes. This marks Mandeville’s second sale this season, along with character-driven, “true-crime” procedural L.A. Crime, written by Steven Baigelman, also at ABC.
ABC Buys Mystery Drama From Jenna Bans & Mandeville
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
‘Black Panther’ Star Letitia Wright On Disney’s Juggernaut: "There Was A Need For It" - The Contenders London
'60 Minutes': Donald Trump Says "I Regret That The Press Treats Me So Badly" After Two Years Of Presidency
Gerard Butler Cancels Saudi Arabia Trip After Khashoggi's Disappearance: "The Timing Couldn't Have Been Worse"
'Venom' Courses To $378M WW; 'Star Is Born' Tops $135M; 'First Man' Begins Offshore Journey - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Martin Freeman & Imelda Staunton To Star In ITV Crime Drama ‘A Confession’
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Creator Julian Fellowes Developing Royal Drama With Simon Cowell’s Syco
- Beta, Wildside, Israeli Trio Team On Drama ‘German Moon’ About NASA Space Mission
- Syco & Fremantle Look To Replicate 'Got Talent's Global Success With 'The Greatest Dancer' – Mipcom
- ITV CEO Carolyn McCall: Timing For Endemol Shine Purchase “Did Not Feel Right”
- WME To Represent Me+You Productions As ‘Sick Of It’ Producer Eyes U.S. Scripted Push