A statue of Ed Sullivan worth about $45,000 was taken from its pedestal at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame Plaza in North Hollywood on Sunday. The solid bronze statue, which weighs about 20 pounds and stands 18 inches tall, was being displayed in an outdoor exhibit, along with several other TV personalities and pioneers who have been inducted into the Academy’s Hall of Fame. The LAPD considers it grand theft, and burglary detectives are asking for the public’s help in recovering the Sullivan piece. Tipsters can call them at (818) 623-4081 or anonymously at (800) 222-TIPS (8477).
TV Academy’s Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates Of The Caribbean' & 'Titans' Star Brenton Thwaites, Lily Sullivan Lead Oz Pic 'I Met A Girl'
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Donald Trump’s Latest Border Wall Offer To Dems
- ‘Black Lightning’: Hosea Chanchez To Recur On Season 2 Of CW Series
- ‘Intervention’ Producer GRB Studios Strikes Co-Production Deal With Canada’s Media Ranch
- Patriots’ AFC Championship Win Snags Near Record Viewership For NFL & CBS – Update
- Nickelodeon EVP Talent, Music & Events Shelly Sumpter Gillyard Exits
- Michael Cohen Threatened CNBC To Get Donald Trump On List Of Biz World Top Dogs: Report