Deadline Awards Columnist Pete Hammond recounts his first full day at the 2014 Toronto Film Festival. For Hammond, Weinstein Co.’s Bill Murray comedy St. Vincent has awards potential, while the premiere of James Gandolfini’s last film The Drop from Fox Searchlight drew a moving reception. Here’s Hammond’s take on both titles.
DeadlineNow @ Toronto: Hammond Praises ‘St. Vincent’, Touched By ‘The Drop’
What's Hot on Deadline
VH1 Shakes Up 'Basketball Wives' & 'Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood', Replaces Production Companies On Shows
'Gold Rush' Star Todd Hoffman Teams With Thom Beers & Jeff Conroy For Reality Competition Series 'Greenhorn Gold'
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Black Panther’s Ruth E. Carter To Receive Costume Designers Guild Honor
- Glenn Close To Receive Maltin Modern Master Award At Santa Barbara Film Festival
- Streamy Awards: Kevin Hart’s ‘Cold As Balls’ Among Winners – Complete List
- Choice Of Sharp New Oscar Producing Team Gives The Academy A Chance For Serious & Successful Makeover: Analysis
- Donna Gigliotti To Produce 91st Oscars; Glenn Weiss Is Co-Producer
- Tribeca’s Through Her Lens Awards $80,000 Grant To Filmmaker Suha Araj