In a competitive situation, NBC has bought a single-camera comedy from Hilary Winston, writer, executive producer and showrunner of CBS’ midseason comedy series Bad Teacher. Horrible Bosses helmer Seth Gordon is attached to direct the project from Sony TV, where both Winston and Gordon are under overall deals. Written by Winston, the comedy is set in a fratty corporate office that gets polarized along gender lines when a new boss comes to town — a lady boss. It was inspired by “When Your Boss Has a Vagina,” a column Winston wrote last fall for Playboy, where she is a contributing editor. (You can read it here.) Winston and Gordon executive produce. This marks an early sale in what has been a pretty sleepy marketplace. There was a reason for the urgency: Winston left after the last pitch meeting to have a baby. She is repped by UTA, Mosaic and attorney Jared Levine.
NBC Lands Lady Boss Comedy From ‘Bad Teacher’s Hilary Winston With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Latest TV News
- Whistle Acquires New Form, Whose Backers Include Ron Howard And Discovery
- Netflix Picks Up Global Rights To Middle Eastern ‘LA Law’-Style Legal Drama ‘Justice’
- ‘Judge Jerry’ Springer Presiding Over 90% Of U.S. This Fall For NBCU – NATPE
- Comcast Posts Strong Fourth-Quarter Financials Thanks To NBC Universal Bump
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’s Hattie Morahan & ‘Arrow’s David Nykl To Star In HBO Europe Spy Drama ‘The Sleepers…
- ‘Conan’ Returns: Late Night Host Celebrates New Downsized Format After 3 Month Shutdown