Friends With Better Lives executive producer Aaron Kaplan is back at CBS with another multi-camera project, The Brain. The comedy, written and executive produced by Michelle Morgan, was bought by CBS with a script commitment and laid off at CBS TV Studios. It centers on an unintelligent guy who suffers head trauma and turns into a genius. That puts a strain on his family and friends, who liked him better when he was clueless. Kaplan will executive produce for his Kapital Entertainment. Morgan, who also is an actress, wrote the feature Girl Most Likely and is directing a film that she wrote, which Anonymous Content is set to produce. She is with UTA, Kaplan Perrone and attorney Todd Rubenstein. Kaplan recently sold a sibling rivalry multi-camera comedy from FWBL creator Dana Klein to Fox with a put pilot commitment.
CBS Buys Genius Comedy From Michelle Morgan & Aaron Kaplan
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Rich Asians' Leads Thursday B.O. With $3.7M+, 5-Day Looking At $25M-$27M; 'Mile 22' Takes $1M
'The Royals' Canceled By E! After 4 Seasons, Shopped By Lionsgate With Pop Eyed As Possible New Home
President Donald Trump Gets Personal Noting Death Of Aretha Franklin: "She Worked For Me On Numerous Occasions"
Latest TV News
- Emmy Predictions: A ‘Legend’ Goes For EGOT Status Thanks To Jesus, But Is That Enough To Stop Cumberbatch In Limited Series/Movie…
- ‘Snowpiercer’: ‘Walking Dead’ Alum Steven Ogg To Recur In TNT Drama
- James Hong, 89 Year-Old Chinese American Actor: “I Never Thought It Would Take This Long”
- On My Screen: ‘The Sinner’s Jessica Biel Discusses Her Film & TV Favorites
- ‘Star’: William Levy Joins Fox Drama As New Series Regular In Season 3
- Priscilla Porianda Named Head Of Development For Bruce Miller’s White Oak Pictures