Nod, a drama series adaptation of the novel by Adrian Barnes, has been set up at Fox with a script commitment with penalty. Jason Richman (Bad Company) will write the project for 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Chernin Co. Nod is set at a time when most of humanity loses the ability to sleep and scientists are at a loss to explain why no one is tired. It revolves around Tanya and Paul, an “inter-somnial” couple – she, Awakened and flourishing, and he, one of the remaining few who are still handicapped by the need for sleep. But when signs of deprivation start to show among the Awakened, the bonds of friendship and love get tested in unexpected ways — because if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Richman, who co-developed and executive produced ABC’s Lucky 7 last season, executive produces with Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope.
Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama ‘Nod’ From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
Jussie Smollett Criminal Charges Dropped; State Says "Appropriate Resolution," Family "Thank God" - Update
Livid Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Insists Jussie Smollett Is Guilty: "Is There No Decency In This Man?"
Stephen Colbert Compares Mueller Probe Outcome To 'Lost' & 'Seinfeld' Finales, Says "I'm Sorry" To Donald Trump
Latest TV News
- Apple Stock Drifts Down Another 1% As Wall Street Shrugs At Video Reveal
- WGA Lays Out Action Plan If Talks With ATA Fail To Reach New Franchise Agreement
- CAA Signs Netflix Series ‘Sex Education’ Director Kate Herron
- ‘The Unicorn’: Omar Benson Miller & Maya Lynne Robinson Cast In CBS Comedy Pilot
- Sugar23 Takes Minority Stake In Short of The Week; Cary Fukunaga, David Gordon Green, Michael Sugar Join Advisory Board
- Dish And Univision End Carriage Impasse, Announce New Long-Term Contract