Nod, a drama series adaptation of the novel by Adrian Barnes, has been set up at Fox with a script commitment with penalty. Jason Richman (Bad Company) will write the project for 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Chernin Co. Nod is set at a time when most of humanity loses the ability to sleep and scientists are at a loss to explain why no one is tired. It revolves around Tanya and Paul, an “inter-somnial” couple – she, Awakened and flourishing, and he, one of the remaining few who are still handicapped by the need for sleep. But when signs of deprivation start to show among the Awakened, the bonds of friendship and love get tested in unexpected ways — because if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Richman, who co-developed and executive produced ABC’s Lucky 7 last season, executive produces with Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope.
Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama ‘Nod’ From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
'The House With A Clock In Its Walls' Waking Up To $24M+ Alarm; Counterprogramming Hits Snooze - Friday PM Update
Latest TV News
- Senate Sets 2:30 PM ET Deadline For Christine Blasey Ford’s Decision on Kavanaugh Testimony
- Michael Moore Asks Bill Maher Where He Got $1M To Donate To Dem PAC In These “Trumpian Times”
- President Trump Missouri Rally: Says “Lingering Stench” At FBI Will Be Cleared
- NBC News Chairman Andrew Lack Ignored Sex Harassment At Sony BMG – Report
- Robert Greenblatt Eyes Exit From NBC
- Tracey Ullman Describes Her Political Comedy To Meryl Streep: “I’m Not In Some Liberal Indignation Bubble” – Tribeca…