Nod, a drama series adaptation of the novel by Adrian Barnes, has been set up at Fox with a script commitment with penalty. Jason Richman (Bad Company) will write the project for 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Chernin Co. Nod is set at a time when most of humanity loses the ability to sleep and scientists are at a loss to explain why no one is tired. It revolves around Tanya and Paul, an “inter-somnial” couple – she, Awakened and flourishing, and he, one of the remaining few who are still handicapped by the need for sleep. But when signs of deprivation start to show among the Awakened, the bonds of friendship and love get tested in unexpected ways — because if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Richman, who co-developed and executive produced ABC’s Lucky 7 last season, executive produces with Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope.
Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama ‘Nod’ From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
Endeavor Eyes More Content Acquisitions As CEO Ari Emanuel Opens Up About Conflict Of Interest & Saudi Arabia Investment - Mipcom
Patrick Wilson & Vera Farmiga To Reprise 'Conjuring' Roles As The Warrens In Third 'Annabelle' Movie
'Fear The Walking Dead's Colman Domingo Lifts The Lid On AMC Adaptation Of Stage Play 'Dot' - Mipcom
"Tiny" Trump Attacks "Total Con" Stormy Daniels; POTUS "Disgusting Misogynist," Says Michael Avenatti In Reply Over Suit
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
Latest TV News
- Netflix Would Like Hollywood To Know It’s A Star Factory
- ‘Alice’ Series Reboot From Diablo Cody & Liz Astrof Set At Fox As Put Pilot
- Roseanne Barr Tells Vice ABC Did “Worst Thing They Could” In Firing Her As As She Struggled With “Mental Health Issues”…
- ‘The Conners’ Review: ‘Roseanne’ Spinoff Lacks A Lot More Than Just Fired Star
- ‘Blood Ties’ Cop Drama From Jennifer Lopez, Vincent Laresca, Tom Szentgyorgyi & Appian Way Set At NBC
- ‘Monday Night Football’ Ratings Up From Last Week’s Low & 2017 As Packers Win