Oscar has found a new assistant. Community co-star Yvette Nicole Brown has been cast in CBS’ midseason comedy series The Odd Couple. Co-written and executive produced by Matthew Perry, the project, a take on the Neil Simon classic, revolves around two mismatched roommates — the messy Oscar Madison (Perry) and neat freak Felix Unger (Thomas Lennon). Brown will play Oscar’s assistant Dani. As expected, the role has been tweaked from the pilot where the character was named Sam and played by Sarah Baker. The part also has been made a recurring from a regular in the pilot, likely to accommodate Brown’s regular duties on Community, which was picked up by Yahoo after its cancellation by NBC. The character of Dani is envisioned as a potential regular. This is one of two recastings The Odd Couple is undergoing after being picked up to series in May. Search is still under way for an actress to play Oscar’s neighbor, portrayed in the pilot by Georgia King. Bob Daily serves as showrunner and executive produces alongside Perry, Joe Keenan, Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly, Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum for CBS Television Studios.
‘Community’s Yvette Nicole Brown Joins CBS’ ‘Odd Couple’ Reboot
What's Hot on Deadline
VH1 Shakes Up 'Basketball Wives' & 'Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood', Replaces Production Companies On Shows
'Gold Rush' Star Todd Hoffman Teams With Thom Beers & Jeff Conroy For Reality Competition Series 'Greenhorn Gold'
Latest TV News
- ‘NBC Nightly News’ Covers Megyn Kelly Blackface Controversy, Noting It’s Not Her First Time Under Fire For…
- Jim Sturgess To Star In Apple's Hilde Lysiak Series
- Roy Moore-Sacha Baron Case: Showtime Files Motion For Venue Change
- CBS Buys Pakistani-American Family Comedy ‘Amerikhans’ From ‘Man With A Plan’ Duo, Imagine…
- ‘Into The Badlands’ Babou Ceesay & ‘Humans' Jill Halfpenny To Star In BBC Drama…
- Pixar Co-Founder Ed Catmull To Retire