Casey Affleck is in talks to join Chris Pine in The Finest Hours at Disney. Craig Gillespie is directing, after doing Million Dollar Arm for the studio. Jim Whitaker and Dorothy Aufiero are producing. Paul Tamasy and Eric Johnson adapted the novel written by Casey Sherman and Michael J Tougias. Affleck and Pine will star in a drama that takes place in 1952, when the Coast Guard attempts a dramatic rescue after two oil tankers collide off the coast of Cape Cod. WME reps Affleck, who’s also prepping to direct the film about the rise, fall and rise of baseball slugger Josh Hamilton.
Casey Affleck In ‘Finest Hours’ Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
‘Black Panther’ Star Letitia Wright On Disney’s Juggernaut: "There Was A Need For It" - The Contenders London
'60 Minutes': Donald Trump Says "I Regret That The Press Treats Me So Badly" After Two Years Of Presidency
Gerard Butler Cancels Saudi Arabia Trip After Khashoggi's Disappearance: "The Timing Couldn't Have Been Worse"
'Venom' Courses To $378M WW; 'Star Is Born' Tops $135M; 'First Man' Begins Offshore Journey - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Gerard Butler Cancels Saudi Arabia Trip After Khashoggi’s Disappearance: “The Timing Couldn’t Have Been Worse”…
- ‘Venom’ Courses To $378M WW; ‘Star Is Born’ Tops $135M; ‘First Man’ Begins Offshore Journey – International…
- What Do Words Cost? For ‘First Man,’ Perhaps, Quite A Lot
- 'Beautiful Boy' Tops Not-So-Hot Weekend; 'Free Solo' Over $2.1M: Specialty Box Office
- The Russo Brothers Wrap ‘Avengers 4’ With Glowing Mystery Photo
- ‘Beautiful Boy’, ‘Cold War’ & ‘Suspiria’: Humanity’s Resilience Shines Strong In Amazon’s Awards Slate – The…