EXCLUSIVE: XLrator Media has acquired indie horror pic Found, a coming-of-age slasher about a fifth grader (Gavin Brown) grappling with the secret knowledge that his beloved older bro (Ethan Philbeck) is a serial killer. Found is the directorial debut of Scott Schirmer, who’s won numerous awards for the pic from indie genre fests including plaudits from the New York City Horror Film Festival, Another Hole in the Head, and Elvira’s Horror Hunt. After screening on the horror circuit for two years Found will get an August 15 theatrical, VOD and iTunes release via XLrator’s Macabre genre label. Author Todd Rigney adapted the script with Schirmer from his own novel. Producers are Leya Taylor and Damien Wesner. XLrator’s Mike Radiloff and Barry Gordon negotiated the deal with Matt Medisch of The October People on behalf of the filmmakers.
XLrator Scares Up Coming-Of-Age Horror Pic ‘Found’
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Anthony Bourdain's Suicide Mourned By Rose McGowan In New Letter; Didn't Take "Doctor's Advice" In Depression Battle
Latest Film News
- ‘American Gods’ Star Yetide Badaki Launches Campaign For Reimagining Of ‘Alice In Wonderland’
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- 'Eating Animals' Dishes Up Solid Bow; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Strongly; 'RBG' Hits $10M: Specialty Box Office