The franchise sequel had the April 10 date all to itself, but Universal said today that it’s moving the film’s release ahead a week to Easter weekend. Fast & Furious 7 now is set for April 3, which gives it an extra weekend of play before the April 17 debut of Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2. F&F7‘s new opening-weekend competition will be Fox romancer The Longest Ride. James Wan is directing this installment of the blockbuster series, which again stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker — in his last film — Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster and others, including franchise rookies Jason Statham, Djimon Hounsou and Kurt Russell.
‘Fast & Furious 7’ Sped Up By A Week
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
Bryan Singer Responds To Atlantic Report: "Homophobic Smear Piece Timed To Take Advantage Of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Success"
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Latest Film News
- Plaintiff In $100M Lawsuit Against Brad Grey & Brian Graden Wants Case Dismissed – Update
- Lorraine Toussaint To Portray Activist Flo Kennedy In Gloria Steinem Biopic
- Audra McDonald, Michael Shannon Set For Broadway Revival Of Terrence McNally's ‘Frankie And Johnny In The Clair De Lune…
- Mike Colter, Nafessa Williams Join Sony’s ‘Black And Blue’ Thriller Starring Naomie Harris
- Alexandre O. Philippe Signs With WME Ahead Of Sundance Bow Of ‘Memory: The Origins Of Alien’
- SAG Awards Reveals First List Of Presenters: The Stars Of The Films Up For Best Ensemble Cast