Disney has slotted Pirates Of The Caribbean 5 for July 7, 2017. Right now the pic has the date to itself but will have some competition from Fantastic Four 2, which bows on July 14 that year, and Despicable Me 3, which opens June 30. Disney initially was eyeing summer 2016 to release the latest installment of the franchise, being directed by Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, but the decision was made that it wasn’t worth rushing until the script was right. Jeff Nathanson is the scribe. The first four Pirates films grossed $3.7 billion, and the last one, On Stranger Tides, crossed the $1 billion mark.
Disney Dates ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean 5’ For July 2017
What's Hot on Deadline
'Space Force' Workplace Comedy Series From 'The Office's Steve Carell & Greg Daniels Ordered By Netflix
Don Cheadle & Kathy Griffin In Twitter Beef Over His Not Defending Her After Severed Trump Head Flap - In 2017
Disney Rings 'Hunchback' Bell: David Henry Hwang To Script Live Action Musical, Alan Menken/Stephen Schwartz Writing Music
Latest Film News
- Anonymous Content Taps Veteran Literary Agent Kristina Moore For Media Rights Division
- Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’ Pumps Up Local Production
- SXSW: Seth Rogen/Charlize Theron Comedy, Matthew McConaughey’s ‘The Beach Bum’ Among 2019 Feature Lineup
- Anne Hathaway Set For Robert Zemeckis’ 'The Witches'
- Queen Latifah And Her Flavor Unit Ink With UTA
- ‘Ghostbusters’ Teaser: First Look At Jason Reitman’s New Ectoplasmic Movie