EXCLUSIVE: The gestation period for reboots seems to be getting short. Warner Bros in the early stages of launching a new Scooby-Doo. The studio made a Raja Gosnell-directed live-action comedy out of the Hanna-Barbera cartoon that starred Freddie Prinze Jr, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Matthew Lillard, Linda Cardellini and Isla Fisher as the young sleuths. The film grossed $268 million worldwide, and Warner Bros and Gosnell made a sequel two years later. Now the studio is starting from scratch, setting Randall Green to craft a new adventure. There are no other attachments at the moment beyond original producer Charles Roven, who will produce this one for Atlas.
Warner Bros Ready To Reboot ‘Scooby-Doo’
What's Hot on Deadline
Shocker: 'Mamma Mia 2' Meets B.O. Waterloo As 'Equalizer 2' Is The No. 1 Winner That Takes It All With $35M+
Ryan Reynolds Shares His Real Thoughts About 'Green Lantern' & 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' - Comic-Con
Latest Film News
- Selma Blair Calls On Disney’s Marvel To Rehire James Gunn: “This Man Is One Of The Good Ones”
- Pop & Rock: ‘Mamma Mia! 2’ Plays $42M On Offshore Jukebox, ‘Skyscraper’ Tops China – International Box…
- ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Sends Universal Past $1B Mark At Domestic B.O.
- ‘McQueen’ Stylish And ‘Blindspotting’ Solid In Debuts, ‘Eighth Grade’ Gets High Marks In Week 2 – Specialty Box…
- Judy Craymer Rides High On ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Success And Explains How Meryl Streep Did Surrender
- Ryan Reynolds Shares His Real Thoughts About ‘Green Lantern’ & ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine’…