UPDATED: Warner Bros and Village Roadshow were set to open the Wachowskis’ sci-fier Jupiter Ascending on July 18 after moving it up by a week in the summer 2014 tentpole calendar back in December. Now the actioner starring Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis won’t fly into theaters until February 6, 2015. WB’s action pic Run All Night, starring Liam Neeson as a hitman protecting his family, had occupied that February date but has been moved off the schedule completely as Jupiter slides into its place. I hear the Wachowskis needed more time to complete visual effects work on their CG-heavy space epic, which spans intergalactic worlds and follows the story of a woman (Kunis) who links up with a space warrior (Tatum) and learns she’s the heir to Earth. The shift to February now pits Jupiter Ascending against Johnny Depp in Lionsgate’s Mortdecai and Universal’s fantasy actioner Seventh Son, which ironically endured multiple date changes and millions of dollars in extra fees when its own VFX schedule was thrown into crisis by the Rhythm & Hues bankruptcy.
VFX Delays Push Wachowskis’ ‘Jupiter Ascending’ To February
What's Hot on Deadline
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest Film News
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees – Full List
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Michael B. Jordan Wins For Best Villain, Says He Thought “Roseanne Had It In The Bag”
- Tiffany Haddish Opens MTV Movie & TV Awards With Wakandan Showdown Against Chadwick Boseman
- Warner Bros Chief Promises “Lively And Honest Conversation” As Post-Merger Town Hall Meetings Commence
- ‘Searching’ Trailer: John Cho Points & Clicks His Way Through The Sundance Internet Thriller
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Set To Hit Comic-Con; No Show For ‘Captain Marvel’ & Film Side