EXCLUSIVE: Solipsist Films (Sin City: A Dame To Kill For) has tapped Spanish helmer Carles Torrens to direct Visceral, a thriller with a story line that’s being kept tightly under wraps. Writer Brant Hughes brought the pitch to Solipsist, whose Stephen L’Heureux helped develop the project. Torrens got the gig after impressing with his Spanish-language horror feature Apartment 143 and LA International Short Film Festival entry Sequence. L’Heureux is producing Visceral, which is eyeballed as a $10M-15M range production and will be filmed in New England. Torrens is repped by UTA, Underground, and Cohen Gardner and Hughes is repped by Zero Gravity.
‘Apartment 143’ Helmer Carles Torrens Gets ‘Visceral’
What's Hot on Deadline
Endeavor Eyes More Content Acquisitions As CEO Ari Emanuel Opens Up About Conflict Of Interest & Saudi Arabia Investment - Mipcom
'Fear The Walking Dead's Colman Domingo Lifts The Lid On AMC Adaptation Of Stage Play 'Dot' - Mipcom
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
Latest Film News
- ‘The Aftermath’ Trailer: Keira Knightley, Alexander Skarsgard & Forbidden Romance In Postwar Germany
- MoviePass Films Sets Horror Feature ‘The Reckoning’ With Director Neil Marshall; Charlotte Kirk Starring
- Universal Takes Multiple Territories On Annapurna-Backed ‘The Sisters Brothers’ Following UK Rights Intrigue
- Hollywood Film Awards To Honor ‘Crazy Rich Asians’
- SPC’s Michael Barker Talks Awards Contenders & Distribution Challenges: “There’s More At Stake Than Ever Before”…
- Influential Appoints Entertainment Media Executive Andrew Pelosi Chief Business Officer