EXCLUSIVE: After a long chase, Resolution has signed Cary Murnion & Jonathan Milott, the duo whose horror comedy Cooties debuted at Sundance last January. The film got good notices at Park City for its darkly comic horror premise of zombie-like kids terrorizing their school. The film was produced by Elijah Woods company SpectraVision, and stars Wood, Rainn Wilson, Alison Pill, Jack McBrayer, and Jorge Garcia. Lionsgate bought it after its premiere at the Egyptian Theater. Murnion & Milott are also commercial directors at their company Honest, which is New York based. The pair continue to be managed by Principato/Young Entertainment.
Resolution Signs ‘Cooties’ Helmers Cary Murnion & Jonathan Milott
What's Hot on Deadline
Imagine Sets Lin-Manuel Miranda's Helming Debut: 'Rent' Creator Jonathan Larson's 'Tick, Tick...Boom!'; 'Evan Hansen's Steven Levenson Scripting
Fired Paramount TV President Amy Powell Denies Making Insensitive Comments, Explores Legal Action - Update
'Code Black': Creator Michael Seitzman On Emotional Series Finale, His Idea For Season 4 & Hopes For Finding New Home
Disney-Fox: Post-Merger Executive Speculation Heats Up With Focus On Peter Rice & Dana Walden As Comcast Exits
Latest Film News
- Shinobu Hashimoto Dies: Writer Of ‘Rashomon’, ‘Seven Samurai’ & 70 Other Screenplays Was 100
- ‘Assassination Nation’: Sundance Darling Captures Hall H Crowd With Provocative Footage – Comic-Con
- As Comcast Looks To Sky, Will Disney Keep Up The Fight?
- Akiva Goldsman Returns To CAA
- Screen Gems Nabs ‘Superfecundation’ Script From Savion Einstein
- Daveed Diggs, Rafael Casal Go 'Blindspotting'; Bleecker Street Opens 'McQueen' – Specialty B.O. Preview