The film premiered on the Croisette this month, winning the Jury Prize in the Un Certain Regard sidebar. Magnolia Pictures has grabbed U.S. rights to Ruben Östlund’s tragicomedy Force Majuere (Turist), which follows a Swedish family’s Alpine ski vacation that goes very wrong. When news of a looming avalanche sends people fleeing, the mother shields her children — but Dad grabs his phone and makes a run for it. When snow settles, a marriage hangs in the balance. The deal was negotiated for Magnolia’s John Von Thaden Dori Begley closed the domestic deal with Olimpia Pont Cháfer of Coproduction Office. No release plans were announced.
Magnolia Bringing Un Certain Regard Jury Prize Winner ‘Force Majeure’ To U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
VH1 Shakes Up 'Basketball Wives' & 'Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood', Replaces Production Companies On Shows
Latest Film News
- Robert Durst Murder Trial Seeks Ryan Gosling Movie Screening To Convict Heir
- Apple Plans Global Launch For Its TV Subscription Service: Report
- Sylvester Stallone’s ‘Rambo: Last Blood’ Adds Oscar Jaenada
- WGA West Workshops Take Aim At Sexual Harassment
- David Tennant & Emily Watson To Star In ‘Quicksand’ Thriller – AFM
- Warner Bros International Marketing President Lynne Frank To Exit