CBS Films acquired Daniel Radcliffe romantic comedy What If back in Toronto when it was still going by the title The F Word. The Michael Dowse-directed pic was one of the major buzz acquisition titles at the festival and is getting a U.S. release on August 1. Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan play star-crossed lovers who meet as he’s recovering from a failed relationship and she’s involved with a serious boyfriend. The two then attempt the challenge of merely being friends. Elan Mastai wrote the script. Adam Driver, Rafe Spall, Mackenzie Davis, Megan Park and Oona Chaplin co-star. At present, What If is slated for a handful of international markets, including the UK on August 22.
Hot Trailer: Daniel Radcliffe In ‘What If’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bryan Singer Responds To Atlantic Report: "Homophobic Smear Piece Timed To Take Advantage Of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Success"
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
Latest Film News
- CAA Signs ‘Destroyer’ Actor Shamier Anderson
- Fuse Books Premiere Dates For Three Documentaries, Sets First Title In Fuse Films Series
- A24 Lands NA Rights To ‘The Souvenir’ Sequel As First Film Is Poised For Sunday Sundance Premiere
- Jonas Mekas Dies: Avant-Garde Filmmaker And Champion Was 96
- Plaintiff In $100M Lawsuit Against Brad Grey & Brian Graden Wants Case Dismissed – Update
- Lorraine Toussaint To Portray Activist Flo Kennedy In Gloria Steinem Biopic