Fox Cable Networks Group VP Standards and Practices Darlene Lieblich Tipton has been fired for using her company email address to organize a fundraising campaign to benefit relatives of passengers on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which went missing last month. “The conduct and communications at issue were not authorized by Fox and were in violation of company policy,” a spokesman said in a statement. “As soon as we became aware we took appropriate steps and, while we cannot discuss the particulars, we can tell you the employee is no longer with the company.” Tipton had been at Fox for 24 years, 11 at Fox Broadcasting and 13 at Fox cable.
Veteran Fox TV Executive Fired Over Fundraising Campaign For Relatives Of Missing Malaysia Plane Passengers
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Coogler & MACRO Set Black Panthers Pic With Warner Bros; Daniel Kaluuya & Lakeith Stanfield In Talks To Star
Latest TV News
- Cops Reject New Jussie Smollett Attack Case Tip; ‘Empire’ Actor Lawyers Up More
- ‘Eighth Grade’s Jake Ryan Cast In Nasim Pedrad’s TBS Comedy Pilot ‘Chad’
- Disney-Fox Reality Check: Combined Company Will Profit From Deal, But Only After Streaming Spending Spree – Analyst
- George Stephanopoulos Re-ups At ABC News Through 2020 Election And Beyond
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’: Gabriel Ebert & Rarmian Newton Set As Regulars, Glynn Turman To Recur In Season 3 In AT&T Audience Network…
- ‘The Banana Splits’: Trippy 1960s Kids Show Returns As Horror Project?