EXCLUSIVE: Adrien Brody is joining Salma Hayek and Shoreh Aghdashloo in the thriller Septembers Of Shiraz, which Millennium Films and now will start shooting June 9. The pic, directed by The Sapphires helmer Wayne Blair, is based on the New York Times bestseller by Dalia Sofer, was adapted by Hanna Weg and launched at Berlin’s EFM in February. It is the true story of a secular Jewish family caught in the Islamic revolution in Iran, and their journey to overcome and ultimately escape from the deadly tyranny that swept their country and threatened to extinguish their lives at every turn. Gerard Butler, Alan Siegel and Danielle Robinson are producing under their G-Base banner, along with Heidi Jo Markel and Weg. Eclectic Pictures also is working on the production which will be based at Millennium’s Nu Boyana Studios in Sofia, Bulgaria, and also will shoot in Israel. Brody is repped by Paradigm.
Millennium Films Ramps Up ‘Septembers Of Shiraz’ With Adrien Brody Aboard
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ With $150M Reps Uni’s 2nd Highest Opening Ever – Sunday
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- Marvel’s James Gunn Blasts Trump For Signing Crime Victim Photos
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…