Gravitas Ventures has acquired drama I Am I starring Jocelyn Towne, Big Bang Theory‘s Simon Helberg, Kevin Tighe, Jason Ritter, and James Morrison. Towne makes her directorial debut with the pic, which she also wrote, about a woman (Towne) who meets her estranged father at her mother’s funeral. Realizing he suffers from memory loss and thinks he’s still a young man she pretends to be her mother to get to know him. Towne and Co. raised over $100K on Kickstarter for the project, which is produced by Jennifer Dubin and Cora Olson for Present Pictures and executive produced by Towne and Helberg. The married collaborators premiered their second film together, We’ll Never Have Paris, at SXSW while producers Dubin and Olson have Chris Denham’s Preservation debuting this month at Tribeca. Gravitas is plotting a June 13 NY/LA theatrical release preceded by a digital release via Vimeo On Demand May 13. Gravitas’ Melanie Miller and Nolan Gallagher negotiated the deal with Dubin and Olson from Present Pictures on behalf of the filmmakers.
Gravitas Snags ‘I Am I’ Starring Jocelyn Towne & ‘Big Bang Theory’s Simon Helberg
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ With $150M Reps Uni’s 2nd Highest Opening Ever – Sunday
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- Marvel’s James Gunn Blasts Trump For Signing Crime Victim Photos
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…