Director Courtney Hunt’s courtroom drama has lost its leading man less a week before production was set to start. Daniel Craig has left The Whole Truth, in which he was set to play a defense attorney who fights to get his teenage client (Gabriel Basso) acquitted of murdering his wealthy father. Renee Zellweger also stars. Nicholas Kazan wrote the script, and Richard Suckle is producing. No word on why Craig abruptly exited the indie pic, which was unveiled at Berlin in February. It was slated to start filming this Friday in Boston. Craig is coming off a two-month stint in Betrayal on Broadway and next stars in the untitled 24th James Bond film, which is due late next year.
Daniel Craig Drops Out Of ‘The Whole Truth’
What's Hot on Deadline
Elisabeth Röhm To Play Fox News Host Martha MacCallum; Spencer Garrett Is Sean Hannity: Jay Roach's Roger Ailes Movie
Don't Stop Him Now: Will The Oscars Embrace ‘Mr. Robot’ Emmy Winner Rami Malek's Turn As Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'?
Netflix Orders Innovative Animated World War II Drama Series 'The Liberator' From A+E Studios, Unique Features & Jeb Stuart
Latest Film News
- WME Signs Lightbox Duo Simon Chinn & Jonathan Chinn
- Viacom CEO Bob Bakish Concedes “Some Softness” At Nickelodeon: “We Are Actively Working On It”
- ‘Requiem’ & ‘The Missing’ Outfit New Pictures Options Dystopian YA Novel ‘The Territory’
- Netflix Reteams With ‘The Little Prince’ Director Mark Osborne For Animated Feature ‘Escape From Hat’
- William Goldman Remembered By Hollywood: ‘Princess Bride’, ‘Butch Cassidy’ Writer Was “The Best Ever”…
- ‘Poms’ Producer Mad As Birds Lines Up Movie About Trailblazing WWI Soldier Flora Sandes