EXCLUSIVE: Spirit Award-nominated Brie Larson has boarded indie drama Room, directed by Lenny Abrahamson. She’ll star as Ma, a woman kidnapped as a teenager who has been held captive for years in a tiny room where she lives with her 5-year-old son Jack. To the boy, Room is the only home he’s ever known. Emma Donoghue adapted the script from her own 2010 bestseller which was itself partially inspired by the 2008 case of Austrian woman Elisabeth Fritzl, who escaped from a basement after a 24-year captivity during which she gave birth to seven children. Larsen is coming off of her award-winning central turn in last year’s Short Term 12. She’ll next be seen in Paramount’s upcoming The Gambler opposite Mark Wahlberg, Judd Apatow’s Trainwrecked, and DreamWorks’ The Good Luck Of Right Now. Room is produced by Ed Guiney for his Irish shingle Element Pictures. Larson is repped by The Gersh Agency and Authentic Talent & Literary Management. UTA reps Donoghue and the film and is putting financing together alongside Element.
Brie Larson Enters Lenny Abrahamson’s Captivity Drama ‘Room’
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Latest Film News
- ‘American Gods’ Star Yetide Badaki Launches Campaign For Reimagining Of ‘Alice In Wonderland’
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International Box…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- 'Eating Animals' Dishes Up Solid Bow; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Strongly; 'RBG' Hits $10M: Specialty Box Office