The sci-fi thriller that screened at Sundance will hit theaters June 13 before expanding the following two weekends. In the Focus Features pic, three college students on a road trip across the Southwest experience a detour: the tracking of a computer genius who has already hacked into MIT and exposed security faults. The trio find themselves drawn to an eerily isolated area when suddenly, everything goes dark. When one of the students, Nic, regains consciousness, he is in a waking nightmare. The Signal, from director William Eubank, stars Brenton Thwaites, Olivia Cooke, Beau Knapp and Laurence Fishburne. Cutting Edge Group boarded the project during the Baja Film Festival in November.
Focus Sets ‘The Signal’ For Summer
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Dark Tower' Casts Sam Strike As Gunslinger Roland Deschain, Plus Jasper Pääkkönen As Amazon Nears Pilot Order
When Will 'Parks And Recreation' Return? Co-Creator Michael Schur & Amy Poehler Offer Clues - PaleyFest
Fox News Risks Wrath Of Donald Trump, Keeping Jeanine Pirro Off Another Week After Racist On-Air Remark
Latest Film News
- Ariana Greenblatt Joins Dylan O’Brien In Paramount Players’ 'Monster Problems'
- Netflix Chooses To Seek Dismissal Of ‘Black Mirror: Bandersnatch’ Trademark Suit
- Criterion Channel, Rising From FilmStruck Ashes, Sets April Launch Slate
- ‘The Dirt’ Review: Netflix’s Mötley Crüe Memoir Pic Flaccid & Bleached Clean
- Guy Ritchie’s Starry Crime-Comedy ‘Bush’ Sells To Germany, France & UK For Miramax
- ATA Gives WGA Raft Of Counterproposals On Key Issues; Talks Done For Day