The sci-fi thriller that screened at Sundance will hit theaters June 13 before expanding the following two weekends. In the Focus Features pic, three college students on a road trip across the Southwest experience a detour: the tracking of a computer genius who has already hacked into MIT and exposed security faults. The trio find themselves drawn to an eerily isolated area when suddenly, everything goes dark. When one of the students, Nic, regains consciousness, he is in a waking nightmare. The Signal, from director William Eubank, stars Brenton Thwaites, Olivia Cooke, Beau Knapp and Laurence Fishburne. Cutting Edge Group boarded the project during the Baja Film Festival in November.
Focus Sets ‘The Signal’ For Summer
What's Hot on Deadline
Endeavor Eyes More Content Acquisitions As CEO Ari Emanuel Opens Up About Conflict Of Interest & Saudi Arabia Investment - Mipcom
'Fear The Walking Dead's Colman Domingo Lifts The Lid On AMC Adaptation Of Stage Play 'Dot' - Mipcom
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
Latest Film News
- Patrick Wilson & Vera Farmiga To Reprise ‘Conjuring’ Roles As The Warrens In Third ‘Annabelle’ Movie
- ‘The Alienist’s Q'orianka Kilcher Cast In Paramount's Live-Action ‘Dora the Explorer’ Movie
- AFI Fest Heavy On Oscar Contenders In World Cinema Sidebar
- James Marsh’s ‘King Of Thieves’ About Hatton Garden Heist Scores U.S. Deal Via Saban Films
- Ali LeRoi To Helm ‘The Obituary of Tunde Johnson’ Drama
- ‘The Aftermath’ Trailer: Keira Knightley, Alexander Skarsgard & Forbidden Romance In Postwar Germany