Joel Potrykus‘ comedy Buzzard is set to world premiere this Saturday at SXSW. Today Oscilloscope Laboratories announced it acquired North American rights to the pic which follows a small-time scam artist named Marty who makes ends meet by drifting from one small con to the next. Buzzard was produced by Michael Saunders, Ashley Young, Kevin Clancy, and Tim Saunders and represented by BGP Films’ Bill Straus. After its premiere at SXSW, it will screen at New Directors/New Films Festival at NYC’s Lincoln Center. O-Scope plans further festival play followed by a theatrical release later this year.
SXSW: Oscilloscope Acquires Joel Potrykus’ Comedy ‘Buzzard’
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest Film News
- Scoot McNairy Joins Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’
- Imagine Buys Zach Dean Pitch ‘Canary’ As Ron Howard Directing Vehicle
- Film Musicians Residuals Fund Collects Record $100 Million; Many Stars Owed Money
- Jason Biggs Signs With ICM Partners
- DGA Says Number Of Minority Film Directors Hit 5-Year Low Last Year, Down 46% Since 2013; Women Making Gains
- PGA Awards Set 2019 Date & Timeline