Joel Potrykus‘ comedy Buzzard is set to world premiere this Saturday at SXSW. Today Oscilloscope Laboratories announced it acquired North American rights to the pic which follows a small-time scam artist named Marty who makes ends meet by drifting from one small con to the next. Buzzard was produced by Michael Saunders, Ashley Young, Kevin Clancy, and Tim Saunders and represented by BGP Films’ Bill Straus. After its premiere at SXSW, it will screen at New Directors/New Films Festival at NYC’s Lincoln Center. O-Scope plans further festival play followed by a theatrical release later this year.
SXSW: Oscilloscope Acquires Joel Potrykus’ Comedy ‘Buzzard’
What's Hot on Deadline
Jussie Smollett Criminal Charges Dropped; State Says "Appropriate Resolution," Family "Thank God" - Update
Livid Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Insists Jussie Smollett Is Guilty: "Is There No Decency In This Man?"
Stephen Colbert Compares Mueller Probe Outcome To 'Lost' & 'Seinfeld' Finales, Says "I'm Sorry" To Donald Trump
Latest Film News
- WGA: Georgia’s Proposed Anti-Abortion Law Could Send State’s Film & TV Industry Packing
- ATA Blasts WGA For Threatening To Throw “Industry Into Chaos” As Latest Talks End
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Marvel Reassures Fans To Hold On To “That Shred Of Hope…”
- ‘Devil In The White City’ Author Erik Larson Signs With UTA
- Michela De Rossi Lands Final Lead In ‘Sopranos’ Prequel ‘The Many Saints Of Newark’
- Freestyle Digital Media Acquires Marcia Klimpton’s ‘Bardo Blues’; Vertical Enters Horror Pic ‘The Convent…