EXCLUSIVE: Gillian Robespierre made a splash at this year’s Sundance Film Festival with the comedy Obvious Child. Her directorial debut about a Brooklyn comedian (Jenny Slate) who gets dumped, fired and pregnant just in time for the most chaotic Valentine’s Day of her life was acquired by A24 for low seven figures in one of the biggest deals of the festival. Now UTA has signed Robespierre as the NY-based filmmaker’s first agency representation; she continues to be repped by attorney Andre Des Rochers. Obvious Child will be released June 6.
‘Obvious Child’ Writer-Director Gillian Robespierre Inks With UTA
What's Hot on Deadline
Fired Paramount TV President Amy Powell Denies Making Insensitive Comments, Explores Legal Action - Update
Imagine Sets Lin-Manuel Miranda's Helming Debut: 'Rent' Creator Jonathan Larson's 'Tick, Tick...Boom!'; 'Evan Hansen's Steven Levenson Scripting
'Magnum P.I.': Cast & Creators Talk Reboot, Possible Tom Selleck Cameo & 'Hawaii Five-0' Crossover - Comic-Con
'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Cast & Creators On Season 6, LGBTQ Representation, & An 'SVU' Crossover? - Comic-Con
'Iron Man' At 10: How One Film Set A Dominant Path For Marvel, Kevin Feige, Robert Downey Jr. & Jon Favreau
Bradley Cooper's 'A Star Is Born' Headed To Venice After First Hollywood Screening Impresses Exhibitors
Latest Film News
- Shinobu Hashimoto Dies: Writer Of ‘Rashomon’, ‘Seven Samurai’ & 70 Other Screenplays Was 100
- ‘Assassination Nation’: Sundance Darling Captures Hall H Crowd With Provocative Footage – Comic-Con
- As Comcast Looks To Sky, Will Disney Keep Up The Fight?
- Akiva Goldsman Returns To CAA
- Screen Gems Nabs ‘Superfecundation’ Script From Savion Einstein
- Daveed Diggs, Rafael Casal Go 'Blindspotting'; Bleecker Street Opens 'McQueen' – Specialty B.O. Preview