EXCLUSIVE: Gillian Robespierre made a splash at this year’s Sundance Film Festival with the comedy Obvious Child. Her directorial debut about a Brooklyn comedian (Jenny Slate) who gets dumped, fired and pregnant just in time for the most chaotic Valentine’s Day of her life was acquired by A24 for low seven figures in one of the biggest deals of the festival. Now UTA has signed Robespierre as the NY-based filmmaker’s first agency representation; she continues to be repped by attorney Andre Des Rochers. Obvious Child will be released June 6.
‘Obvious Child’ Writer-Director Gillian Robespierre Inks With UTA
What's Hot on Deadline
Aaron Sorkin To Congressional Newbies: "Stop Acting Like Young People"; Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Fires Back
'Pirates Of The Caribbean' & 'Titans' Star Brenton Thwaites, Lily Sullivan Lead Oz Pic 'I Met A Girl'
Gillian Anderson Set To Join 'The Crown' Season Four As Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
Latest Film News
- Casey Affleck-Elisabeth Moss Movie ‘Light Of My Life’ Among Berlin World Premiere Additions
- Great Point & Development Partnership Launch Production Slate With Movies From James Norton & ‘ The Iron…
- ‘Stan & Ollie’ Director Jon S. Baird On Joining Martin Scorsese’s Inner Circle, And Doing Justice To Laurel…
- ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’ & ‘Titans’ Star Brenton Thwaites, Lily Sullivan Lead Oz Pic ‘I Met A Girl…
- Razzie Awards Nominations Are Out: Four Movies “Lead” In Best Of Worst Race
- BAFTA Awards For Sue Bruce-Smith, Roger Pratt; ‘Harry Potter’ Production Designer Prize; FDA Chief Exits…