The studio has pushed back the release of its micro-budget horror thriller by a month. Blumhouse Productions’ The Purge: Anarchy had been slated for June 20 but now will go wide on July 18, where it will face off against Warner Bros’ Wachowskis-directed sci-fier Jupiter Ascending and Disney’s sequel Planes: Fire & Rescue. Universal‘s follow-up to its 2013 sleeper hit The Purge returns writer-director-producer James DeMonaco for another dystopian 12 hours of legalized crime — in which “your government thanks you for participating.” Frank Grillo, Zach Gilford, Kiele Sanchez, Michael K. Williams, Carmen Ejogo and Zoe Soul star.
Universal Re-Slots ‘The Purge: Anarchy’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Looting $69M-$70M; Widows $13M+, 'Instant Family' $12M+ Openings
Elisabeth Röhm To Play Fox News Host Martha MacCallum; Spencer Garrett Is Sean Hannity: Jay Roach's Roger Ailes Movie
2019 Spirit Award Nominations: ‘We The Animals’ Tops With Five, A24 Leads All Distributors, Studio Classic Labels Come Up Short
Don't Stop Him Now: Will The Oscars Embrace ‘Mr. Robot’ Emmy Winner Rami Malek's Turn As Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'?
Latest Film News
- William Goldman: Photo Gallery Of A Screenwriting Legend’s Greatest Hits
- Comedian Nikki Glaser Signs With UTA
- Fresh Face: Thomasin McKenzie Blazes A Trail With ‘Leave No Trace’
- ‘Be Natural’ Acquired By Zeitgeist Films & Kino Lorber; Docu About Alice Guy-Blaché Screened At Cannes…
- ‘The Orville’s J. Lee To Direct & Star In ‘Wednesdays’; Seth Green, Emmy Raver-Lampman Cast
- Legendary Wins 7-Figure Auction For Short Story ‘ByAll;’ ‘Creed II’s Steven Caple Jr Directs, Juel Taylor & Tony…