The studio has pushed back the release of its micro-budget horror thriller by a month. Blumhouse Productions’ The Purge: Anarchy had been slated for June 20 but now will go wide on July 18, where it will face off against Warner Bros’ Wachowskis-directed sci-fier Jupiter Ascending and Disney’s sequel Planes: Fire & Rescue. Universal‘s follow-up to its 2013 sleeper hit The Purge returns writer-director-producer James DeMonaco for another dystopian 12 hours of legalized crime — in which “your government thanks you for participating.” Frank Grillo, Zach Gilford, Kiele Sanchez, Michael K. Williams, Carmen Ejogo and Zoe Soul star.
Universal Re-Slots ‘The Purge: Anarchy’
What's Hot on Deadline
Fired Paramount TV President Amy Powell Denies Making Insensitive Comments, Explores Legal Action - Update
Imagine Sets Lin-Manuel Miranda's Helming Debut: 'Rent' Creator Jonathan Larson's 'Tick, Tick...Boom!'; 'Evan Hansen's Steven Levenson Scripting
'Magnum P.I.': Cast & Creators Talk Reboot, Possible Tom Selleck Cameo & 'Hawaii Five-0' Crossover - Comic-Con
'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Cast & Creators On Season 6, LGBTQ Representation, & An 'SVU' Crossover? - Comic-Con
'Iron Man' At 10: How One Film Set A Dominant Path For Marvel, Kevin Feige, Robert Downey Jr. & Jon Favreau
Latest Film News
- Jennifer Hudson, Taylor Swift, James Corden & Ian McKellen Line Up For ‘Cats’ Movie — Miaow
- ‘Brotherhood’ & ‘The Souvenir’ Actor Jack McMullen Joins James Mangold’s Ford Vs…
- Shinobu Hashimoto Dies: Writer Of ‘Rashomon’, ‘Seven Samurai’ & 70 Other Screenplays Was 100
- ‘Assassination Nation’: Sundance Darling Captures Hall H Crowd With Provocative Footage – Comic-Con
- As Comcast Looks To Sky, Will Disney Keep Up The Fight?
- Akiva Goldsman Returns To CAA