The studio has pushed back the release of its micro-budget horror thriller by a month. Blumhouse Productions’ The Purge: Anarchy had been slated for June 20 but now will go wide on July 18, where it will face off against Warner Bros’ Wachowskis-directed sci-fier Jupiter Ascending and Disney’s sequel Planes: Fire & Rescue. Universal‘s follow-up to its 2013 sleeper hit The Purge returns writer-director-producer James DeMonaco for another dystopian 12 hours of legalized crime — in which “your government thanks you for participating.” Frank Grillo, Zach Gilford, Kiele Sanchez, Michael K. Williams, Carmen Ejogo and Zoe Soul star.
Universal Re-Slots ‘The Purge: Anarchy’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
‘Amazing Grace’ Documentary On Riveting Aretha Franklin Gospel Performance Makes Late Bid For Oscar Attention
'The Show': Tom Burke Leads 'Watchmen' Creator Alan Moore's Gothic Fantasy; First Look, Protagonist Boards
Latest Film News
- ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie: Farmageddon’: First Trailer For Aardman Family Pic
- Juliette Binoche To Serve As Berlin Film Festival International Jury President
- Netflix Sets ‘The Milk Of Sorrow’ Director Claudia Llosa For ‘Distancia De Rescate’; Mark Johnson, Pablo…
- Sundance London Sets 2019 Dates, Returns To Picturehouse Central
- Euro Talent Showcase Shooting Stars Includes ‘The Nightingale’ Actress; Fox Germany Hire — Global Briefs
- ‘The Show’: Tom Burke Leads ‘Watchmen’ Creator Alan Moore’s Gothic Fantasy; First Look…