The studio has pushed back the release of its micro-budget horror thriller by a month. Blumhouse Productions’ The Purge: Anarchy had been slated for June 20 but now will go wide on July 18, where it will face off against Warner Bros’ Wachowskis-directed sci-fier Jupiter Ascending and Disney’s sequel Planes: Fire & Rescue. Universal‘s follow-up to its 2013 sleeper hit The Purge returns writer-director-producer James DeMonaco for another dystopian 12 hours of legalized crime — in which “your government thanks you for participating.” Frank Grillo, Zach Gilford, Kiele Sanchez, Michael K. Williams, Carmen Ejogo and Zoe Soul star.
Universal Re-Slots ‘The Purge: Anarchy’
What's Hot on Deadline
VH1 Shakes Up 'Basketball Wives' & 'Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood', Replaces Production Companies On Shows
'Gold Rush' Star Todd Hoffman Teams With Thom Beers & Jeff Conroy For Reality Competition Series 'Greenhorn Gold'
Latest Film News
- Eden Brolin Joins Vince Vaughn In ‘Arkansas’; Fox’s ‘Ready or Not’ Adds Elyse Levesque
- Seville International Selling Spain’s ‘Advantages Of Traveling By Train’; Myriad Boards SXSW Pic ‘Fast Color’…
- Pixar Co-Founder Ed Catmull To Retire
- ‘The Reckoning: Hollywood’s Worst Kept Secret’ Trailer: Docu Details Sexual Misconduct And Abuse Of Power
- Bryce Dallas Howard Directs Docu ‘Dads’ For Imagine
- Fox Film Executive Daria Cercek Jumps To New Line