Jack O’Connell is in final negotiations to star in the thriller Section 6 for Universal Pictures. This is the pic for which the studio won a bidding war in October 2013 for the spec script written by Aaron Berg, picking it up for seven figures in a late-night deal with no attachments. It revolves around the origins of MI6, the British intelligence agency founded during World War I. Marc Platt is producing alongside Adam Siegel for Marc Platt Productions, and Lawrence Grey will produce for Grey Matter Productions. Universal’s EVP Production Jon Mone and director of development Sara Scott will oversee for the studio. O’Connell just wrapped production on Unbroken, in which he starred as Olympics hero and WWII POW Louis Zamperini for Angelina Jolie. He’s next up in 300: Rise Of An Empire and the indie Starred Up. He also starred in 71, the thriller based on the troubles in Ireland that just screened in competition at Berlin. He is repped by CAA and attorney Robert Offer and Conway van Gelder Grant in the UK. The Wrap reported the story first.
Jack O’Connell In Talks To Topline Universal Spy Thriller ‘Section 6’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
Latest Film News
- CAA Signs ‘Get Out’s Daniel Kaluuya
- Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic ‘Eurovision’ As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
- WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey: No More Top Exec Exits Expected Soon
- Hirokazu Kore-eda’s Cannes Winner ‘Shoplifters’ Continues Japan Box Office Surge, Crosses $16M In Second Week
- Sammy Davis Jr. Biopic Project Sets Up At Paramount Pictures
- Amblin, Sam Mendes Set WWI Drama ‘1917’ As His First Directing Effort Since James Bond Pics ‘Spectre’ & ‘Skyfall…