FremantleMedia International has created FremantleMedia Canada, a Toronto-based sales office for its distribution operation. Susan Hummel, a recent hire as SVP distribution and sales, will head up the new office. FremantleMedia Canada will grow the company’s business in both the English and French languages. Hummel will be responsible for developing and managing strategies to license FremantleMedia content to various distribution platforms and will create local marketing initiatives. The exec was recently SVP of U.S. basic cable and Canadian TV distribution for MGM. She also previously worked at Comedy Central, Nickelodeon and FX. In the past year, Fremantle has increased its focus on investing in in-house and third-party content and development, as well as upping its commitment to scripted programming. Earlier this week, FremantleMedia North America acquired the rights to Neil Gaiman book American Gods which it will develop as a drama series.
FremantleMedia International Hangs Canadian Shingle; Hires Susan Hummel
What's Hot on Deadline
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest International News
- Stephen Colbert: “Potent Tool” Stephen Miller Calls Baby-Snatching Immigration Policy A Potent Tool
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Gaslighting America With Claims His Baby Snatching Immigration Policy Is Democrats’ Doing
- Hirokazu Kore-eda’s Cannes Winner ‘Shoplifters’ Continues Japan Box Office Surge, Crosses $16M In…
- Donald Trump Escalates Democrat-Blaming For His Border Baby Snatch Policy
- L.A. Memorial Service Set For Film Sales Vet Robbie Little
- YouTube Launches Premium Video Service Internationally Including In UK & Canada