Seven months after he exited FremantleMedia, David Ellender is launching a Los Angeles-based independent production company, Slingshot Global Media. Backed by private investment firm TPG, Slingshot plans to develop and produce drama and comedy series for the U.S. market as well as globally-appealing projects through international co-financing, co-production, and pre-sales. London native Ellender spent 12 years at FremantleMedia, serving as CEO of FremantleMedia International from 2006-13.
Former FremantleMedia International CEO Launches Independent Production Company
What's Hot on Deadline
Kelly Clarkson Syndicated Talk Show Set For Fall 2019 Launch On NBC Stations, Replaces Steve Harvey Talker
Man Featured On Bravo Dating Show Charged With Rape, Other Felonies; Might Be "A Thousand" Victims, DA Says
Jake Tapper Weighs In On Donald Trump Jr.'s Anderson Cooper Meme Feud: "What To Expect From A Pig But A Grunt?"
James Comey's 'A Higher Loyalty' Near Deal At CBS Studios For Miniseries From Billy Ray, Alex Kurtzman & Shane Salerno
Latest International News
- Kevin Feige To Receive BAFTA’s Albert R. Broccoli Britannia Award
- Phil “CM Punk” Brooks & Queensbury Pictures Wrap Shoot On Haunted House Thriller ‘Girl On The Third Floor…
- Viacom’s Channel 5 Doubles Down With Drama; Adds Three Originals To Slate
- Foreign Language Oscar: Nadine Labaki’s Cannes Hit ‘Capernaum’ Enters Race As Brazil, Thailand…
- Dennis Norden Dies: Veteran UK TV Host & Comedy Writer Was 96
- Fan Bingbing Disappearance Throws Her ‘355’ Casting, Other Film Projects & More Into Uncertainty