EXCLUSIVE: French actress Elodie Yung is following her turn in last year’s G.I. Joe: Retaliation with her next Hollywood actioner. She’s been cast as the goddess Hathor in Summit Entertainment’s Gods of Egypt opposite Gerard Butler, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Brenton Thwaites, Chadwick Boseman and Geoffrey Rush. The February 12, 2016 release is directed by Alex Proyas from a script he wrote with Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless, about a thief and a god on a magical quest in ancient Egypt. Yung made an impression as a lethal gang lord in action sequel District 13: Ultimatum and also appeared in David Fincher’s The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. She also stars in the upcoming rom-com 10 Things I Hate About Life with Evan Rachel Wood and Billy Campbell. Yung is repped by Generate, Gersh, Independent Talent in the UK and Tara Kole.
Elodie Yung Joins Summit’s ‘Gods of Egypt’
What's Hot on Deadline
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest Film News
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees…
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Michael B. Jordan Wins For Best Villain, Says He Thought “Roseanne Had It In The Bag”
- Tiffany Haddish Opens MTV Movie & TV Awards With Wakandan Showdown Against Chadwick Boseman
- Warner Bros Chief Promises “Lively And Honest Conversation” As Post-Merger Town Hall Meetings Commence
- ‘Searching’ Trailer: John Cho Points & Clicks His Way Through The Sundance Internet Thriller
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Set To Hit Comic-Con; No Show For ‘Captain Marvel’ & Film Side