EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, CAA has signed Robert Stromberg, who graduated from production designer and VFX artist to make his feature directorial debut on the Angelina Jolie-starrer Maleficent. Disney releases the Linda Woolverton-scripted film May 30 with Joe Roth producing. Stromberg, who had been with UTA, won two Academy Awards for Art Direction for Alice In Wonderland and Avatar before getting his feature shot. He was also production designer on Disney’s Oz The Great And Powerful and also worked on visual effects for such films as 2012, Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World’s End and Master And Commander.
CAA Signs ‘Maleficent’ Helmer Robert Stromberg
What's Hot on Deadline
Shocker: 'Mamma Mia 2' Meets B.O. Waterloo As 'Equalizer 2' Is The No. 1 Winner That Takes It All With $35M+
Ryan Reynolds Shares His Real Thoughts About 'Green Lantern' & 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' - Comic-Con
Judy Craymer Rides High On 'Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again' Success And Explains How Meryl Streep Did Surrender
Latest Film News
- Pop & Rock: ‘Mamma Mia! 2’ Plays $42M On Offshore Jukebox, ‘Skyscraper’ Tops China – International…
- ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Sends Universal Past $1B Mark At Domestic B.O.
- ‘McQueen’ Stylish And ‘Blindspotting’ Solid In Debuts, ‘Eighth Grade’ Gets High Marks In Week 2 – Specialty…
- Judy Craymer Rides High On ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Success And Explains How Meryl Streep Did Surrender
- Ryan Reynolds Shares His Real Thoughts About ‘Green Lantern’ & ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine…
- ‘Women Who Kick Ass’ Panel Talks Shift In Hollywood & Need For Female Role Models For Young Men…