The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has unveiled a new logo for the Oscars organization — it’s now prominent on Oscars.org and “puts the Academy into its own logo from which it’s been absent since the inception of the organization”, according to marketing boss Christina Kounelias in an intro video (see it below). The logo comes complete with its own webpage that shows design firm’s 180LA’s inspiration for the update. So is it the new “design system” a creative revelation or as one Deadline staffer suggests a variation on the Federation logo from Star Trek?
New Academy Logo: What Do You Think?
What's Hot on Deadline
Shocker: 'Mamma Mia 2' Meets B.O. Waterloo As 'Equalizer 2' Is The No. 1 Winner That Takes It All With $35M+
ABC News Confirms Sara Haines Leaving 'The View' To Do Third Hour Of 'GMA' With Michael Strahan - Update
Kurt Sutter Revs 'Mayans M.C.' Past 'Sons Of Anarchy's Shadow, Border Politics, Being Outspoken In A #MeToo Moment & Trump's Tiny Hands: Comic-Con
Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan Speak Out Amid James Gunn Fallout; Petition To Rehire 'Guardians' Director Gains Steam
Latest Awardsline News
- Golden Globes Sets 2019 Date As NBC Closes In On New Deal For Awards Show
- Eisner Awards 2018: The Complete Winners List — Comic-Con
- 2018 ESPYS – Danica Patrick Floors It In Her Opening Monologue
- Netflix Takes Top Awards Strategist Lisa Taback Off The Table
- 2019 Writers Guild Awards: WGA Sets Date & Timeline For 71st Trophy Show
- LA Film Festival Moves Into New Oscar-Season Berth With Diverse Programs, Partnerships