EXCLUSIVE: MGM has acquired Let’s Get Married, a comic pitch that will be fast tracked as a star vehicle for Jillian Bell and Charlotte Newhouse. Bell, who stars in Comedy Central’s Workaholics and HBO’s Eastbound & Down, as well as Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master and Inherent Vice, is writing the script with Newhouse, her scripting partner on Idiot Sitter at Comedy Central. Pic’s about a couple that finds itself in an arranged marriage. The hope is to get the film into production by next spring. Bell, who most recently wrapped 22 Jump Street, is repped by Innovative and 3 Arts, Newhouse by Gersh and Evolution.
MGM Acquires Jillian Bell Pitch ‘Let’s Get Married’
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein's Lawyer Declares Alleged Victims Have "Lied"; D.A. Only Interested In"Political Correctness"
Latest Film News
- ‘Fries!’ Doc Being Cooked Up By Emmy-Winning ‘Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown’ Producers
- Miranda Otto, Zoë Chao, Zach Woods Join Julia Louis-Dreyfus & Will Ferrell In ‘Downhill’ At Fox Searchlight
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Rocks Past $600M WW; Becomes All-Time Top Music Biopic
- Kyra Sedgwick Launches Big Swing Prods., Company Unveils Film & TV Slate
- Oscars: Can Anyone Break Disney & Pixar’s Animated Feature Streak In 2019?
- Thanksgiving 2019: Lionsgate To Release MRC’s Rian Johnson Murder Mystery ‘Knives Out’ With Daniel Craig…