EXCLUSIVE: Scott Pelley is a star 60 Minutes correspondent and landed the anchor chair at a broadcast nightly newscast without an agent. Imagine what he can do with one. The CBS Evening News anchor and managing editor has signed with WME for representation in all areas. The newscast has been improving since Pelley took over in 2011, currently up 8% season to date among total viewers compared with last year. Emmy winner Pelley has been a correspondent on CBS’ 60 Minutes since 2004, with his segments responsible for half of the major awards won by the venerable newsmagazine. In the field, Pelley was one of the first reporters on the scene after the 9/11 terrorist attack in New York City and also reported extensively from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Pelley previously was CBS News’ Chief White House Correspondent, covering the Clinton administration.
WME Signs ‘CBS Evening News’ Anchor Scott Pelley
What's Hot on Deadline
Miley Cyrus & Neil Young Lose Houses In California Wildfires, Guillermo Del Toro's Bleak House Survives - Update
People's Choice Awards: 'Avengers: Infinity War', 'Shadowhunters' Among Top Honorees - Full Winners List
Donald Trump Tweets Defense Of Paris Trip, Demands Florida Elections Be Called For Rick Scott And Ron DeSantis
Latest TV News
- The CW Sets Midseason Schedule: ‘Roswell, New Mexico’ Gets Premiere Date, ‘Black Lightning’ Moves…
- ‘No Activity’: CBS All Access Unveils Season 2 Trailer & Key Art
- Allen Leech To Co-Star In CBS' NSA Spy Drama Pilot 'Surveillance'
- Michelle Obama Delivers ABC’s Most Watched Sunday This Season
- ‘Gormenghast’: Neil Gaiman, Akiva Goldsman & Toby Whithouse On Adapting Mervyn Peake’s Epic…
- Producer Craig Zadan Remembered In Dazzling, Star-Filled Tribute At TV Academy