Until now Teller of Penn And Teller fame has best been known as the silent one of the comedy team. That’s an act. When it comes to his movie directorial debut , the documentary Tim’s Vermeer, he had a lot to say on the Sony Pictures Classics panel at Deadline’s THE CONTENDERS event. The film is about Tim Jenison, a Texas-based inventor who set out on an eight-year quest to find out how 17th Century Dutch master Johannes Vermeer could paint so photo-realistically. To do that he paints one himself, and Teller discusses how he paints that (motion) picture in his helming debut. Could it be magic?
The Contenders 2013: Teller Talks Film Directing Debut ‘Tim’s Vermeer’: “We Had 2400 Hours Of Footage” (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Takes $253M WW Bow; 'Venom' Voracious In China Milestones - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald’ Takes $253M WW Bow; ‘Venom’ Voracious In China Milestones – International…
- 'At Eternity's Gate' Paints Solid Start; 'Can You Ever Forgive Me' Crosses $5M: Specialty Box Office
- Constance Wu: 'Crazy Rich Asians' Sequel Must Wait; She’s Not Yet Attached To Jennifer Lopez Film
- Lana Condor On Possible 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Sequel: “The Whole Cast Would Love To Do It"
- ‘Vice’ Enters The Oscar Race, Wins Praise For Christian Bale’s Dick Cheney, Amy Adams And Adam McKay At…
- Disney Unveils ‘Galaxy’s Edge’ Teasers, Including New John Williams Music, Ride Previews