Until now Teller of Penn And Teller fame has best been known as the silent one of the comedy team. That’s an act. When it comes to his movie directorial debut , the documentary Tim’s Vermeer, he had a lot to say on the Sony Pictures Classics panel at Deadline’s THE CONTENDERS event. The film is about Tim Jenison, a Texas-based inventor who set out on an eight-year quest to find out how 17th Century Dutch master Johannes Vermeer could paint so photo-realistically. To do that he paints one himself, and Teller discusses how he paints that (motion) picture in his helming debut. Could it be magic?
The Contenders 2013: Teller Talks Film Directing Debut ‘Tim’s Vermeer’: “We Had 2400 Hours Of Footage” (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest Film News
- Berlin Film Festival 2019 Winners: Nadav Lapid’s ‘Synonyms’ Takes Golden Bear; Full List Of Winners
- Bruno Ganz Dies: Swiss Actor In ‘Downfall’ Was 77
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Academy Crisis Averted; Spike Lee On 2 Words He Won’t Say; Is This Finally The Year For Oscar …
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink