EXCLUSIVE: We’ve seen the subtitled trailer for Hayao Miyazaki’s The Wind Rises (Kaze Tachinu) released during the Toronto Film Festival and now here’s a first look at the domestic version. A mix of the real-life stories of aircraft designer Jiro Horikoshi and the poet Tatsuo Hori, The Wind Rises tells a poignant tale of war, perseverance and love. The film that the anime master said will be his last topped the Japanese box office for nine consecutive weeks after opening there in July. It wrapped up a week-long Oscar-qualifying run in New York and Los Angeles on November 14 and will open in limited release in the U.S. on February 21, expanding wide a week later under Disney’s Touchstone Pictures banner.
Hot Trailer: Hayao Miyazaki’s ‘The Wind Rises’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest Film News
- Berlin Film Festival 2019 Winners: Nadav Lapid’s ‘Synonyms’ Takes Golden Bear; Full List Of Winners
- Bruno Ganz Dies: Swiss Actor In ‘Downfall’ Was 77
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Academy Crisis Averted; Spike Lee On 2 Words He Won’t Say; Is This Finally The Year For Oscar …
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink