Gravity has already grossed well over $200 million domestically and is still going strong, an unquestioned smash hit, but as screenwriter Jonas Cuaron (who wrote the film with his father, director Alfonso Cuaron) explained to me at Saturday’s sold out Deadline THE CONTENDERS event at the brand new Wallis Annenberg Center For The Performing Arts the movie was never a sure thing, in fact a “huge gamble” even with all those special effects and stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. As he told the gathered AMPAS and Guild members it really is a very intimate story told on a large scale.
The Contenders 2013: ‘Gravity’ Screenwriter Jonas Cuaron: ‘If I Ever Get Stranded In Space I Want George Clooney By My Side’ (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Takes $253M WW Bow; 'Venom' Voracious In China Milestones - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Dakota Johnson, Lynne Ramsay Among Marrakech Film Festival Jury; ‘Roma’, ‘Green Book’ Among Galas
- ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald’ Takes $253M WW Bow; ‘Venom’ Voracious In China Milestones – International…
- 'At Eternity's Gate' Paints Solid Start; 'Can You Ever Forgive Me' Crosses $5M: Specialty Box Office
- Constance Wu: 'Crazy Rich Asians' Sequel Must Wait; She’s Not Yet Attached To Jennifer Lopez Film
- Lana Condor On Possible 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Sequel: “The Whole Cast Would Love To Do It"
- ‘Vice’ Enters The Oscar Race, Wins Praise For Christian Bale’s Dick Cheney, Amy Adams And Adam McKay At…